* Student Name
Date of Birth
* Date of Birth
School grade completed as of June 2019:
Parent / Guardian Name
* Parent / Guardian Name
* Primary Phone
Local Emergency Contact (Name & Phone)
Secondary Emergency Contact (Name & Phone)
If yes, specify second preferred date:
Please specify all individuals who have permission to pick up your child(ren).
RULES & DISCIPLINE POLICIES
The following rules apply to all Middle Keys Sailing students.
1. No students on docks without supervision and a life jacket
2. Life jackets must be worn and secured at all times on docks, piers, boats, or in the water (by students, instructors, and coaches)
3. Closed toed footwear to be worn at all times
4. No running
5. No swimming (except with the permission of the instructors)
6. No jumping off boats (except with the permission of the instructors)
7. Respect one another—no hitting, pushing, or roughhousing
8. Use respectful language—no swearing, foul, or rude language
9. No littering on land or water
10. Stay with the class unless you have permission from an instructor to leave
11. All sailors must make an effort to sail out and return to docks together or with a buddy
12. Prior to drills, all boats must stay within hailing distance of the safety/coach boat
13. All coach boats and junior sailboats must return to the dock prior to sunset
14. No destruction of club or private property
15. No smoking, drugs, or alcohol
16. No playing on or near ramps and hoists
17. No playing with boom, hoist, or crane
18. Watch fingers and feet between boats, docks, and moving parts
19. Check for overhead wires in boat storage and launching areas
20. Club-owned boats must be properly returned and put away after use
21. Sailors must make every effort to avoid collisions
First Strike: Student will be warned and student’s file will be noted.
Second Strike: Student will be warned and parent/guardian will be informed and asked to meet with the Program Director. The strike and meeting notes will be noted in student’s file.
Third Strike: The student will be asked to sit out for the rest of the day. Parent/guardian will be informed and asked to meet with the Program Director. Strike will be documented in the student’s file.
Continued Abuse: Continued abuse of the rules will result in expulsion from the program. Parent/guardian will be informed. No fees will be refunded.
There is ZERO TOLERANCE for possession of drugs, alcohol, knives, guns or other weapons and will result in expulsion from the program. No fees will be refunded.
I understand and accept the above Middle Keys Sailing rules and discipline policies.
We, the undersigned being an applicant for admission to the Middle Keys Sailing Program and a parent/ guardian of the applicant, do hereby acknowledge that participation in the Sailing Program poses certain inherent risks which cannot be avoided and acknowledge that we are accepting those risks.
In consideration of the acceptance of applicant’s application, we release and forever discharge the Middle Keys Sailing Program, the MYCEF Educational Program, its Officers, its Board of Directors, its Sailing Committee, their servants, agents, and employees, from any claim for property damage, injury or death arising out of or during the course of any participation in the Middle Keys Sailing Program. We represent that we have and will maintain sufficient coverage under our homeowner’s or tenant’s liability insurance policy for any negligent acts of applicant in his/her pursuance of school activities. We further certify that, to the best of our knowledge, the applicant is in good physical condition and suffers from no physical, emotional or mental impairment, which would adversely affect his/her ability to safely participate in sailing activities. I also agree to the use of photographs of my child in Middle Keys Sailing and MYCEF Educational Foundation's digital and print marketing, education, fundraising, and publication efforts.
Date of Birth
* Date of Birth
Any past medical problems?
Has the student ever had any surgeries? Please list.
Does the student have any known allergies?
Please list any allergies to mediations, foods, or others including bees, wasps, jellyfish, etc.
Please list any current medications.
Last Tetanus Shot:
CONFIRMATION & ACCEPTANCE OF ALL MIDDLE KEYS SAILING PROGRAM POLICIES
Electronic Parent/Guardian Signature
Electronic Student Signature
Thank you! Please by sure to
pay your class fees online or by check to the MYC Educational Foundation to reserve your spot. Students will be accepted in order of application and payment received.